Friday, July 15, 2005

Morning Mommy!

I woke up this morning around 3:30am to the sound of Nicolas moving around a lot in his crib. So I decided to investigate and hopefully just give him the pacifier to help settle him back down. There is my little man, rolled over on his back at a 90 degree angle from when he started smiling up at me. I turned him back onto his tummy and gave him the pacifier and he closed his eyes to go to sleep. For the next half hour I played "retrieve my pacifier" with him. He would pull it out, spit it out, or turn his head so that it came out and I would get back out of bed to fix it. After 30 minutes I decided to try nursing him for a few minutes to see if that would settle him down. I got back into bed at 4:15 and at 4:30 when Nic started fussing I sent Lou to play "retrieve the pacifier". He got lucky and only had to play it once :-)

Today was sprinkler day at daycare. Nicolas splashed his hands in the water, drank all his bottles which are now 5 oz. and had a three hour nap. Wish I had one of those! Nicolas was very talkative and happy when I picked him up from daycare. Makes me feel better about bringing him there - he must like it since he always seems happy when I get there. Course, I'm quite pleased when he seems so happy to see me at the end of the day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment