Thursday, July 21, 2005

Chatty drooler

Nicolas continues to produce copious amounts of drool, but I don't think we will actually see any teeth for a while yet. Yesterday he watched us eat some lobsters. For some reason, he only had eyes for daddy and kept trying to talk to him while Luis was eating. When Luis was looking away, he would do his fake cough to get attention. Didn't matter than I was talking to him or watching him - he only cared about daddy's attention (of course until he got hungry - then he was very interested in me).
Not sure what is going on, but last night Nicolas was very restless again. I slept in the rocker/recliner from about 2-3 this morning since I was tired of going back and forth between the nursery and our room. I woke him up a bit earlier than usual (4:45) to see if he would be less restless once I fed him. He decided that it was a good time to have a nice long chat while I was changing his diaper. I am sure Luis loved that as he was still trying to get some sleep and I hadn't turned off the monitor.

Nicolas is enjoying his bathtime more and more. What a relief - in the beginning he HATED his bath. Now he loves to splash Luis with his feet. By the end of bathtime, Luis and I are almost as wet as the baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment