Thursday, September 24, 2009

Can you hear me now?

Nicolas failed (and I mean totally failed - as in did not hear even one beep) his hearing test at his 4 year old checkup in March. Granted, he had a double ear infection 2 weeks prior and had fluid still in his ears, so the doctor was not too concerned at the time. They suggested coming back during the summer to have his ears rechecked. Since he had another ear infection over the summer, I decided to wait until today to have it done. And, since we were going to be at the doctor's office anyway, I scheduled flu shots for all the kids too.

Luckily, Nicolas did great with the hearing test and was able to hear every single beep this time (so now he has no excuse for not hearing me when I am speaking to him). Both boys did great with their flu shots as well. No flinching, crying or anything. Lexi wasn't as pleased and did cry initially but calmed down very quickly. Lucky her - she gets a booster shot in another month since this is the first time she's ever got the shot.

I was very proud of both boys and hope that I am as brave when I go to get my shot.

1 comment:

  1. We have to do flu shots. Peter, as usual, will refuse. But Teddy and I will.

    Oy.

    ReplyDelete