Friday, August 28, 2009

Ogunquit

We got out of the house early today to take a drive up to Ogunquit. Lexi fell asleep on the way so we hung out in the car for a bit once we arrived so she could get a little extra shut-eye. I figured that was better than having a cranky baby. It was perfect weather for walking the Marginal Way, so we started in Perkins Cove and walked to the center of town. Although it was a tight squeeze in a couple of places with the double stroller, it was a lifesaver and I will forever be indebted to the Shafmans for letting us borrow it.



After we finished walking the Marginal Way, we headed down to the public beach so the boys could check out the giant sandbar. I ran into the parents of one of the girls I played volleyball with back in my high school days (which sadly I admit was almost 20 years ago - yikes). Her mom looks exactly like she did when I was in high school - which is probably why I recognized her right away.


The kids were getting cranky, so we hopped on a trolley back to where the car was and headed back to the condo. I was able to escape for a little while when Jackson and Lexi went down for naps and got some shopping at the outlets in Kittery done. It was a little slow-going as Nicolas decided to come with me, but it was nice to have the company.

We decided that we will be heading home tomorrow instead of Sunday since it is supposed to be a very rainy day and we might as well head home to do laundry, etc. if we are going to be stuck in the house all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment