Thursday, August 20, 2009

Chemical reaction?

First, and most importantly: Lexi slept ALL NIGHT. As in, went to bed at 7:30 and woke up at 6:15.

She slept ALL NIGHT.

Only took 10+ months. And I'm trying not to get too excited since one night does not a habit make. But, I am thrilled that she finally did it.

I am hoping it is not due to a chemical-induced fog that she may have slept in that smells of Resolve. When I went into her room this morning the smell of Resolve hit me like a wall. Yuck. I opened her window, closed the door and nursed her for a bit (technically it was 5 am, but she fell back asleep until 6:15 (ok, we both did), and then started our day.

I mentioned the smell to Luis and was trying to figure out how I was going to air out her room since we are having a heat wave and I can't just open up all the windows in the house when he suggested contacting someone to clean the carpet.

And don't you know I almost ran to the computer, looked up Stanley Steemer, and booked an appointment for this afternoon. Wahoo. Then I ran around like a crazy person trying to move everything off the floor so they could do a proper cleaning.

In addition to bringing the boys for haircuts so they'll be ready for vacation.

But now I have nice clean carpets and the guys who did it were super nice.

I also took the kids to the Preschool/Pre-K open house at daycare today. They are both so excited to be starting in their new rooms when we get back from vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment