Wednesday, August 3, 2005

The joys of teething

Yesterday was my birthday and Louie stayed home and spent the day with Nicolas and I. We had a nice relaxing family day. Nicolas decided that he should start squealing/screeching. Although he has always been a "talker", yesterday he started squealing and did it off and on almost all day. It was really cute and I think he enjoys hearing his own voice. The squealing continued this morning, so I guess it wasn't just a one time thing!

A teacher at Daycare called today to tell me that Nicolas was really fussy all morning and kept pulling on his right ear. I did notice that he kept his hand up by his ear for a lot of the day yesterday and he was slightly crankier than usual, but I figured I'd see how he was today. I called the doctor's office and after speaking with the nurse decided to go pick up Nicolas to give him some Tylenol to see if it helps at all. He either is uncomfortable because of teething or has the beginning of an ear infection. I am hoping it is just teething. If he doesn't seem better after the Tylenol, I'll take him to the doctor. We are leaving for a week of vacation on Saturday so I want to make sure this is all straightened out before then!

No comments:

Post a Comment