Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Our little angels

The infant area at daycare had a Lemonade social today from 4:30-5:30. I brought the boys with me since I usually pick them up by 4:30 anyway. They each had a chocolate chip cookie, half a browning and 1/4 of a molasses cookie (the last only because I am weak and caved to the whining). Shortly thereafter they started getting a little too rambunctious, so we headed home.

They were in rare form during dinner - I fed Lexi and then took her upstairs for a bath since she only had one nap at school today and she was yawning and rubbing her eyes during dinner. I reminded the boys what happened the other night when Nicolas continued to fool around after being warned in the hopes that they would eat nicely and not fool around too much while I was upstairs (fat chance of that happening).

They were really wound up by the time Lou got home from work and were just plain crazy acting during bath and pj time. While Lou was getting them some fresh water the boys lay on their floor, moving their arms and legs and telling me they were making snow angels. In July. In 80 degree heat (ok, so the AC is on, but still...). Where they get these things I'll never know.

In other news, Jackson is doing GREAT in his big boy underwear. One accident at school, but none at home today. And he stayed dry during his nap. And informed me multiple times when he had to go to the bathroom. And even peed at school in the school-age bathroom which has slightly bigger toilets than the toddler area. I am so proud of him and am thrilled at the prospect of a diaper-free (for him at least) future.

1 comment: