Monday, July 27, 2009

Officially a big boy

Today Jackson wore big-boy underwear at school. He had one accident on the way to the toilet (not bad) and another as I was loading the other kids into the car to go home from daycare. That was my fault - I should have asked him if he had to go to the bathroom before we left school. Lesson learned. The poor kid started crying while I was strapping Lexi into her carseat. I looked over to see him pointing to the sidewalk which I realized was wet...he had on shorts, so when he peed it just ran down his leg and puddled on the ground. I reassured him that it was ok to have accidents while learning to use the potty and ran back into daycare for some dry underwear and shorts for him.

The boys were doing a lot of fooling around at dinner tonight, so I gave them a couple of warnings to settle down. Nicolas decided that he was going to grab the yogurt container out of Jackson's hand, sending his spoon onto the floor making quite a mess. I told him that was it - no more food and to get down from the table. He proceeded to cry/scream/whine for the next 45 minutes (maybe even longer) that he wanted another yogurt. I refused since I had warned him a couple of times to stop fooling around or he wouldn't get anymore food. It really wasn't pleasant, but hopefully will help to avoid similar situations in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment