Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Feeling hot, hot, hot

Lexi has been running a fever since Saturday. And not just some run of the mill slight temp kind of fever, but the kind of fever that requires a dose of both Tylenol AND Motrin to keep it down in a reasonable range.

I was convinced that she had another ear infection, and Jen was nice enough to let me stop by her house Sunday morning so that she could check. The good news was that Lexi's ears weren't infected (although one did have fluid in it). The bad news is that I had no idea what was causing the fever.

Monday she stayed home from daycare. I thought she seemed a little better yesterday, although still feverish. Was feverish again this morning, so home she stayed. Then as I took her out of the bath tonight and was drying her off...lo and behold...a rash. So it looks like she has Roseola. The good news is now that the rash has appeared, the fever should be gone. I did give her some Motrin right before bed just in case, so we'll see how she does and how she is feeling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment