Tuesday, May 12, 2009

sad and glad

Poor Lexi spends almost every night sleeping in the "old" bucket car seat because of her congestion. It is the only way she gets any significant amount of sleep in any one stretch of time. However, she is getting bigger and bigger (as children tend to do) and is barely fitting in there comfortably. So, I called the pediatrician's office to try to figure out how I can get her comfortable at night without needing to stuff her into the carseat. They told me to bring her in just so they could check her over. Don't you know the little dear has ANOTHER blasted ear infection. (For those of you keeping count, we are up to #4). I almost cried right there in the office. On one hand I'm so sad that she has yet another ear infection - if she gets another we are going right to the ENT. On the other hand, I know that after about a day on the antibiotic the congestion will go away and she'll be able to sleep all stretched out and comfortable in her crib.

I keep telling myself that in the big scheme of things, we should be so lucky that a few ear infections are the worst that ever happen to our kids. But, when it feels like (because it is true) there is always someone in this house who is sick, it is sometimes hard to feel positive or lucky. Sigh.

And not to jinx myself, but if I didn't know any better, I'd swear that Jackson has an ear infection as well. Very clinging, whiny and generally not quite himself all day. However, we just had the pre-op visit with the ENT on Friday which was great - no fluid or anything in his ears, which is why cancelled his surgery for today. You win some and lose some I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment