Saturday, May 9, 2009

Daycare teachers are saints

In honor of Mother's Day tomorrow, I thought it would be a great idea to do an "arts and crafts" project with the boys for the grandmothers. A friend of mine gave me a great idea that I thought would be easy enough for both boys to do. And - to be fair, it was a pretty easy project with a few simple materials, all of which I happen to have in the house for an occasion such as this. However, I underestimated the boys' enthusiasm level as well as the amount of time it would take to complete the project. The boys lost steam about 3/4 of the way through the project, so I actually ended up finishing them once everyone was in bed, but they did a fair amount of the work.

However, my patience was shot by the end of the project. I don't know teachers take a room full of toddlers, preschoolers, etc. and get them to focus on art projects without totally losing their minds. I was stretched to my limit with only 2 of them! But, they were so cute working on it and so excited to have something special to give to Nana and Vovo.

No comments:

Post a Comment